Corus Entertainment recently announced several changes within its communications department as the organization continues to streamline its marketing operations.
As part of change Dervla Kelly has been promoted to the newly created role of Senior Vice President, Marketing and Social Digital Agency. Under Dervla, Corus will consolidate its Marketing, Creative Agency, Publicity, Lifestyle Digital, Social and Media Planning functions into one team, reporting to Dervla.
Reporting to Dervla will be:
- Allison Carr will take on the position of Head of Specialty, Trade and BDU Marketing, overseeing Marketing across these channels
- Nadia Niccoli has been named Director of Marketing, Global, she will lead marketing for Global and for Corus Conventional stations
- Brent Peterson will oversee our in-house Creative team as Group Director, Creative Agency
- Andrea Parnell, Senior Director, Media Planning will now oversee in-house media planning which supports Corus as well as Shaw Communications and Freedom Mobile (formally WIND Mobile). Andrea will continue to lead the Shaw and Freedom business
- Karen Gellar, who has been promoted to Director, Media Planning
- Ashley Applebaum, Director of Publicity will lead public relations efforts across television, Nelvana, News and Radio
- Buffy McGaw, Director of News Marketing, will report to Troy Reeb with a dotted line into Dervla, and Jackie Moss, National Director of Marketing & Promotions for Radio, will also have a dotted line into Dervla, continuing to report directly to Brad Phillips