You have been able to craft a Media Plan + Media Pitch + Media Placement = and generated a ton of Media Coverage.
Now we are going to take a moment to recognize - the public relations agencies across Canada who have created and constantly cultivating their relations with the media.
The awards program will Identify + Rank communications agencies on their ability to pitch to bloggers, journalist and social media influencers based on these (10) areas of focus:
- Food/ Beverage
- Lifestyle/ Health
- Technology (Gadget)
- Mommy (Parenting)
This is your once a year opportunity to showcase to journalists/ producer/ social media influencer, customers, prospects and the world how strong your agency is at media relations and pitching to the media. (getting your clients covered in media)
Journalists/ Producer/ Social Media Influencer
- Register as a journalist, producer, or social media influencer
- Vote on your preferred agency
Radio/ TV producers, journalist, bloggers and other social media influencers, vote on the agencies you feel are the best at pitching to you based on your area of focus.
Public Relations Agencies
- Select the category(s) to enter
- Pay the entry fee
- You will receive a confirmation email
- Share your customized voting form to your media list
Does your agency offer public relations services?
What do voters get?
What do award winners get?
- Opportunity to help recognize the best agencies across Canada for their Media Relations abilities
- Help strength the media industry
- Take an active role in improving the media industry
Agencies will be ranked by Gold, Silver and Bronze in the (10) categories.
- ABC Agency won Gold Media Relations Award for Tech
- ABC Agency won Gold Media Relations for Tech and Bronze Media Relations Award for Fashion
The 2019 Media Relations Awards are here to showcase your hard work and accomplishments. Don’t be shy. Let us brag about your achievements to the entire world. Agencies with the best media relations won’t go unnoticed.
Media Relations Awards Deadlines
- Voting Opens – April 2, 2019
- Early Bird Call for Entries Ends – April 16, 2019
- Final Call for Entries – June 30, 2019
- Voting Closes - July 10
- Media Relations Award Recognition Ceremony – Summer 2019
Recent Articles about Media Relations:
“A good PR story is infinitely more effective than a front-page ad.” – Richard Branso
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.
Is there a cost to vote?
- No, there is no cost to bloggers, producers or journalist to enter a vote
Who should vote?
- Bloggers, journalists, producers and social media influencers from across Canada
What are the categories?
For simplicity, we have pre-selected (10) categories (but open to adding others based on demand and need:
Will my vote be shared?
Your submissions will be kept strictly confidential, all data will only be used in an aggregate form; no one will know which agency you voted for.
How does voting work?
Once your agency has completed the entry fee processing we will create a customized landing page for your agency that you can use to encourage bloggers, journalists, producers and social media influencers to vote for you agency - see sample
Can I find out which bloggers, journalists, producers and social media influencers voted for our agency?
How can our agency get more votes for the Media Relations Awards?
- Add the banner to your emails, website, social media and other market materials
- Add a “Vote for Us” to your email signature and communications with bloggers, journalists, producers and social media influencers
Should my agency take part in the Media Relations Awards?
How do we know if we have won?
- Agencies that made the short list will be contacted; and final winners will be contacted; agencies will also be added/ updated on our Media Relations Index