Want to learn more? View Individual & Corporate Membership options
This week eBay Canada hit a major milestone as the company celebrates its 25th anniversary. As part of the celebration the company has rolled out their #eBayEdits campaign which features curated collections by Canadian tastemakers that cover the breadth of inventory, including new, refurbished and vintage, that only eBay brings. Collections are available at eBay.ca/ebayedits.
“eBay was born in Silicon Valley a quarter century ago, but most people may not know that the first item ever sold on eBay was to a Canadian on Vancouver Island,” explains Rob Bigler, General Manager, eBay Canada. “In addition to Canadian consumers, Canadian small businesses have been actively selling on the platform since day one, enabling us to launch our Canadian website, eBay.ca, five years later in 2000. #eBayEdits is our way to highlight what continues to make eBay relevant after all this time – connecting buyers and sellers.”
The global market has grown significantly over the years, today consumers have access to more than 170 million buyers from around the world, allowing Canadian sellers to stay local and sell global. Canadian consumers trust eBay to shop the world for in-demand and one-of-a-kind items all in one place, with special protections to ensure their experience meets expectations.
Meet the #eBayEdits tastemakers:
- Tyrone Edwards @mr1loveto: Reporter, CTV’s ETALK – Sports Memorabilia & Collectibles
- Briony Douglas @briony: Photographer & Visual Artist – Sneakers & Collectibles
- Amber Mac @ambermac: Entrepreneur & Tech Leader – Technology (new and refurbished)
- Devin Connell @thisiscrumb: Chef & Author – Home & Garden (new and refurbished)
- Nhu Nguyen @dear_nhu: Certified Classic & Silver Porsche Technician – Automotive Parts & Accessories
- Cary Tauben @carytauben: Fashion Stylist & Creative – Fashion & Accessories (including vintage)
Agencies behind eBay Canada #eBayEdits campaign?
- Public Relations: Pomp & Circumstance [TCO]