This morning the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada (SMCC) announced that Tyler Mazereeuw, Senior Director of Business Development at the Canadian Football League (CFL), has been selected as the incoming Chair of the Sponsorship Marketing Council of Canada (SMCC). Tyler takes over from Dan MacKenzie, Vice President and General Manager of NBA Canada, who has been the Chair since 2012. MacKenzie will remain a member of the SMCC’s Board of Directors.
Tyler joined the SMCC board of directors in 2011 and was most recently the Head of the Education Committee. In his new role as Chair, Tyler plans to focus on enhancing the SMCC’s profile throughout the greater marketing and academic communities; exploring expansion opportunities with new chapters in Quebec and Eastern Canada; and the successful launch of the organization’s new founding partnership program aimed at 12 select organizations across the country.
“Sponsorships are sometimes seen as a small subset of traditional marketing, but over the last few years the SMCC has proven the value of sponsorships in our ever-evolving media landscape and made the industry more relevant than ever before,” said Mazereeuw. “In 2015 we’re going to push ourselves even further and ensure we continue to showcase the important role sponsorships play in communicating to and engaging consumers.”
Along with Tyler appointment to Chair a new board of directors has been formed which includes professionals from various roles in the sponsorship industry including:
- Dan MacKenzie, NBA Canada Inc.
- Jim Kozak, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Bonnie Hillman, Arts & Communications Inc.
- Sue Bundy, BMO
- Matthew Logue, S&E Sponsorship Group
- Bart Given, TORQUE Strategies
- Scot Benson, Landmark Cinemas Canada
- Monique Giroux, CIBC
- Dana Gladstone, Hockey Canada
- Brenda Woods, Visa Canada Corporation
- Geoff Robins, Live Nation
- Kim Saunders, Canadian Tire Corporation Limited
- Hari Sihvo, Molson Coors Canada
- Dan Alvo, Wrigley Canada
- Marlène Hins, RONA