Headlines have been dominated lately with burning headlines about bad customer service, but there are some good solutions to help with your customer service. Here are a few thoughts:
- Be quick. The speed of which things move due to social media is occurring in seconds. Establish best practices for how quickly social media inquiries should be answered.
- Be kind and thoughtful. If a customer or even a prospect has a question about your company or expresses a concern via social media, take a moment to craft a response directly to them. Forget the “corporate speak” and remember you are talking to a person.
- Always respond. People appreciate brands and people that care about them. It does not matter how big or small the issue is, it is important to them. Once you have made initial contact a conversation can always be moved to email or the phone.
- Share success stories. You can’t expect others to love your brand if you don’t love it yourself. If your customer is happy, don’t be afraid to share it with the world.
- Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn. If you have happy customers, share their stories. If a customer shares a gorgeous product photo or has a great comment about your service, let potential customers know.