Back in May we recognized the Top 30 Under 30, now we are turning our attention to the public relations agencies across Canada with our first annual Media Relations awards. This is a chance for your agency to be recognized by bloggers and journalists for your ability in Media Relations. As we’ve mentioned before this is one of the crucial steps in the success of a PR agency. People are talking about your brand, but now you have the power to get recognized for the great work that you and your team do each day. Here are the next steps:
- We have pre-populated a list of PR agencies (and listed here) from across Canada and bloggers & journalist have the opportunity to rank agencies (from 0 – 5) based on the following criteria:
- Press release quality
- Prompt response to media inquiries
- Method of contact (are you being contacted the way you prefer)
- Relationship (is the PR firm actively developing one with you)
- Pitching (quality)
- Using your communications, send this link to your list of blogger and journalist contacts encouraging them to complete the survey and responses about your agency
- We will also send the link to our list of bloggers and journalists
Data will be compiled and results will be separated by size of your agency (small, mid-sized and large)
We will be hosting our Media Relations Awards event in October (volunteers welcome), and results published to PR In Canada
The awards are open to any public relations agency with headquartered within Canada, if your agency has not been included in our list let us know.
Call for entries will be open from July 15, 2014 – August 18, 2014.
- Submissions are limited to ranking from media bloggers + journalists only
- Agency ranking will split into either small agency, mid-sized agency, large agency
- List of agencies in our database, if yours is not included let us know
- If your agency is not listed, let us know and we will have it added to the list
- Volunteers welcome to help with the awards and presentation ceremony in October
- Sponsorship opportunities are also available for the awards ceremony
Due to timing, we have postponed the awards.