The timeline for staffing this position is immediate. The successful candidate will possess 3- 5 years of successful public relations experience, a solid understanding of public relations strategy and the Canadian media, and the ability to communicate in French an asset.
Key Elements of the Position:
- Developing, managing and executing public relations strategies and new product launches
- Creating and managing budgets
- Proactively seeking opportunities to increase media coverage for clients
- Determining the requirements of and overseeing the creation of press materials
- Interfacing with the media to establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationshipsResponding to media enquiries
- Coordinating and conducting media tours as required
- Devising and maintaining contact databases
- Planning, coordinating, evaluating and reporting on activities
- Participate in the new business development process, from ideation to pitching
- Mentor and guide fellow team members
- 3- 5 years public relations experience – agency or other
- Proficiency with communication (written/oral) in both English and French languages – an asset
- Excellent interpretive/analytical and communications skills (written/oral)
- Strong creativity and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with confidence in a high-paced environment
- Solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective interpersonal skills reflecting teamwork and client-service orientation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, good judgment and set an example of excellence in your skills and personal conduct.
- Enjoy working as a team member in a fast-growing and exciting industry
Start Date: Immediate
Please forward your résumé and cover letter to Jim Birchall, President, Birchall & Associates Inc. [email protected]
Established in 1994, Birchall & Associates Inc. is a full-service integrated public relations, communications and marketing agency that is client-focused, flexible, quality/results-driven, have a high level of integrity and passion, are bottom-line oriented, and are committed to meeting budget objectives. Our company philosophy is to develop a strong partnership with our clients to identify and execute the necessary communications strategies to achieve their business objectives.
We are an award winning company that is results driven!