No Michael Jordan isn’t coming back to play professional sports, but as part of their sponsoring of the 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver vitaminwater has launched their own version of the Olympic Dream Team. Glacéau vitaminwater has teamed up with six extraordinary athletes to help share the love and olympic spirit as we build up to the 2010 olympic games in vancouver.
“We’re more than a little excited about these athlete partnerships, in fact we love them so much we would marry them if we could, but that’s another story. not only will the olympics be back on home turf but glacéau vitaminwater has a great opportunity to support some of canada’s most gifted athletes,” commented Laura Cutsey, Senior Manager Marketing and Communications glacéau vitaminwater. “vitaminwater will be everywhere during the games and we look forward to cheering on our athletes.”
The athletes include:
- Jenn Heil, a free style moguls master from spruce grove, alberta with a love for jewelry, chocolate and charity work. to top it all off, jenn wishes she had the ability to fly – really, really fly. like a bird. to help her reach for the sky while training, jenn makes sure she’s stocked up on vitaminwater xxx (acai-blueberry-pomegranate).
- Denny Morrison, a fearless long track speed skater from fort st. john, b.c. who’s an expert minesweeper player and has an intense love affair with cars and woodworking. just don’t tell his other loves, jennifer love hewitt and lacey chabert. look in denny’s training bag and you’ll find bottles of vitaminwater mega c (dragonfruit), his fav flave.
- Helen Upperton, a superstitious bobsleigh pilot from calgary, alberta with an inner desire to cure cancer and sing like a rockstar. don’t we all have these dreams, helen? and of course, a bobsledding training sesh just isn’t complete for helen without her must-have hydration, vitaminwater defense (raspberry-apple).
- Michael Lambert, a giant slalom snowboarding genius from toronto, ontario, who’s got love for good food and his stylin’ wardrobe. michael can be seen prepping for the olympics on mtv’s reality show over the bolts and when’s he not being chased by paps, he’s training hard and relying on vitaminwater energy (tropical citrus) to hydrate, refuel and keep his star shining.
- Dominique Maltais, a snowboard cross champ from petite-rivière-saint-françois, quebec who’s got edge – she’s a firefighter, her friends call her “dominatrix” and she’s planning to learn how to fly helicopters! whatever her daredevil adventure, dominique looks to vitaminwater restore (fruit punch) for hydration.
- Brian Mckeever, a procrastinatin’, espresso-lovin’ nordic cross-country skier from canmore, alberta. brian’s visual challenge with stargaard’s disease is no match for his determination and heart which have already made him a past paralympic champion. this year, brian hopes to become the first athlete in history to compete in both the olympics and paralympics. in his quest, he’ll be hydrating with his favourite vitaminwater, focus (kiwi-strawberry) the whole way. we’re rooting for you brian!
vitaminwater will be on hand in vancouver and whistler at various venues and locations throughout the olympic village.