US-based public relations agency Schwartzman & Associates has released an interesting report on social media entitled “The 2009 Digital Readiness Report.” Produced in partnership with iPressroom, Korn/Ferry International, the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) and Trendstream.
Download the 2009 Digital Readiness Report here.
- When searching for prospective new hires, social media communications skills are nearly as important as traditional media relations skills.
- Public relations leads marketing in the management and oversight of all social media communications channels within organizations.
- Marketing leads public relations in the management and oversight of bulk email communications and search engine optimization.
- Social networking, blogging and micro-blogging skills are the three most important social media communications skills for job candidates to have, according to public relations and marketing hiring decision makers.
- Most organizations are considering hiring social media specialists.
Overall some interesting data and I’d say that US-based companies are much more willing to experiment with social media. One suggest that I think ever client-side company should do is set up a social media lab, where they test the various tools and see what works for their respective company.