Update: The survey results were conducted by polling over 10,000 Canadians including members of the Vancouver Board of Trade.
6S Marketing, a Vancouver-based Internet marketing firm conducted a survey to its database of over 10,000 people on their use of social media.
Here’s some interesting data from 6S Marketing,
- 70% of Canadians say they use social media.
- Facebook is the most popular social networking site with 70% of people surveyed currently having an account.
- 47% of Canadians use Twitter and the majority of users are 19 – 25 years of age.
- Only 20% of people surveyed currently use MySpace.
- YouTube & Flickr are the most popular social media sites with 38% & 29% (respectively) of people surveyed using the sites.
- 42% of Canadians do not blog, while 58% do blog.
- 74% of people who blog, do so for personal purposes, 57% blog for work and 35% blog for both.
- 9% of people surveyed have hired an employee online and 22% have received a job offer online. 69% have done neither.
- 61% of businesses said they track what people are saying about their brand online.