The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Canada is gearing up for their annual conference, and the line up of speakers looks like it will be a pretty good event and will be sure to entertain and education all attendees. Yasmin Ranade, Chair, IABC 2012 Canada Business Communicators Summit and Publisher, WhatsYourTech.ca has confirmed with us that attendees will be coming from as west as Vancouver and east as the Maritimes, and of course all major cities in between. The conference takes place in Ottawa at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel from November 1-3.
Advertisement: Our 2012 IABC/ Toronto OVATION Awards coverage
Some of the speakers include:
- Canada’s Privacy Commissioner, Jennifer Stoddart, will examine the impact citizen journalism has had on the global spread of personal information and the ethical questions that raises for communications professionals.
- Dr. Michael Geist, Canada Research Chair of Internet and e-commerce law with the University of Ottawa will discuss “The Year the Internet Fought Back.”
- Treasury Board President and veteran politician, the Honourable Tony Clement,
- Lessons from London Olympics 2012
As Yasmin pointed out, one of her goals as the summit chair is to “Teach our members about the integration of communication. We’re are past the point where the old way works, traditional has to work with new technology.” For any readers of other associations, the IABC is extending a special member rate to groups such as CPRS and CWC.
Ready to register? Get your ticket here.
Latest posts by Dave Forde (see all)
- Colony Project Opens Second Office, Bienvenue Montreal - May 26, 2016
- Which Company Produces The Best Public Relations Professionals? - May 25, 2016
- Breaking: Michael Nitsopoulos Exits NATIONAL Public Relations - May 25, 2016